Documenting my transition from being a shore fisherman to becoming a kayak fisherman. Plus all of my fishing outings. Please enjoy!

Monday, August 1, 2011

My July!!!

Well this is going to be a catch up post.  I realize that I have not kept this thing up to date.  So what I am going to do is a post of the last month.  So here is my July.

This had to be my best month of fishing ever.  Well other than first week of trout season every year, when I get to spend a bunch of time fishing with my family up in Pennsylvania.  I am going to just post up this month’s pictures throughout the post.  Some will be corresponding to what I am talking about and some will not.
The beginning of July marked my 6th week of owning a kayak and kayak fishing.  This last month I have learned so much it is unreal.  I actually wasn’t able to really get on the water till around the 10th of July. This was the beginning of the Pirates of Lynnhaven flounder tournament. I really enjoy flounder fishing from the kayak.  Before owning the kayak actually that is primarily all I fished for.  So it was very easy to take my floundering skills to the kayak.  I ended fishing a lot for the tournament.  It was a tough week of fishing, but I was the only one that had caught 3 keepers for the 3 fish weigh-in.  Which means I got to stand tall and have my moment of being the winner of the tourney.  For winning I received a 10 hour fishing charter with Capt. Blake Hayden.





For my girlfriend Brittany’s birthday this year I decided that she needed to become a fishergirl. I picked her up a rod, reel, tackle box and some assorted lures.  The first time I took her out she ended up catching 2 keeper flounder.  Then on the second trip she caught another keeper flounder.  Now I am not taking her anymore, lol…  Britt is a fishing machine and it makes me very proud!


I have gotten to fish with a bunch of people this last month and I want to thank all of you for the great company.   Especially I would like to thank Tony, Joe and Jim.   It makes it a lot easier to wake up after the alarm goes off (instead of turning off and rolling back over) knowing I will be fishing with some good friends.  On that note, Thom, you really need to fix your back bro, Rob and Dave, I am still looking forward to getting to fish with you guys.  I also wanna thank Matt for taking me out cheating on a boat and showing me how “he” can catch multiple sheepies! 

I will try my hardest to keep this more up to date.  Till next time, hope you enjoy the pics!!

Jarred


No comments:

Post a Comment