Documenting my transition from being a shore fisherman to becoming a kayak fisherman. Plus all of my fishing outings. Please enjoy!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

5/16 Went out for the first time!

Yesterday I decided that I had to go and get the yak wet.  Since I haven't been on a kayak in prolly 10 years I decided to stick with freshwater fishing.  I decided I would do this because all I really wanted to do was just throw a spinner out and drag it around while I got used to maneuvering the Caster.  One of the great things about being military is that I get to use all the resources that the Military bases provide.  Which means great places to go fishing that don't get fished out. 

I picked Lake Bradford as my first place to take the yak.  I was told that there are a lot of crappie and large mouth bass that roam around, but you have to be able to get to them.  After fishing for about an hour and a half I finally caught a few of these.

Ok, First off I know you are like, "that isn't a striper!".  I know that this is not a striper.  The piece of paper with the word on it is for another purpose that I will discuss at a later time.

The bad thing about finding the crappie was that I think it jinxed me because as soon as I started catching the skies turned black and the wind turned on.  So I had to head back on in. 

Even though I did not get to stay out very long, it was a blast.  That fact that I caught a few just made the memory even deeper.  Fish On!!

Jarred

No comments:

Post a Comment