Documenting my transition from being a shore fisherman to becoming a kayak fisherman. Plus all of my fishing outings. Please enjoy!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

5/17 New Camera and Fish!

Other than creating this site over the last couple of days I have been doing all kinds of research on waterproof cameras.   You have no idea how unnerving it was yesterday to have to take my HTC Evo out of my dry box and take pictures while sitting out in the middle of a lake. 

I decided to go and check the Navy Exchange.  A lot of camera companies put together military appreciation packages on their phones.  I was planning on going and picking up a Fuji Finepix x10.  But they had a really good camera for a really good deal, and it was one of the military appreciation packages too!  I ended up buying an Olympus Tough 310.  With it came a PFD leash, SD card and nice case.  Plus it was the display model so I got an extra 10% off.  I pretty much stole the thing for $120.

After dinner was over I decided that I needed to make sure that the camera worked so me and my girlfriend decided to go try for some flounder.  This was fishing from shore.  But a cool thing happened tonight.  She said that she is really interested in getting a fishing license as well.  So I am almost sure that I will have her in a yak by next year...

The first spot we went was a bunch of these.
How a croaker gets a 4inch swimming mullet in its mouth I will never know.  We then hit up a second spot and I picked up a flounder.
One was all I got, one was all I needed.  I got to spend some time with my new fishin partner and I got to try the new camera.  Now I have to get ready for bed cuz I think I am going to try Rudee Inlet in the morning by myself for some blues.  I saw a post by a buddy of mine that is a recipe for blue fish crabcakes.  Yum. 

Jarred

No comments:

Post a Comment