Documenting my transition from being a shore fisherman to becoming a kayak fisherman. Plus all of my fishing outings. Please enjoy!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

5/18 Rudee Inlet

Today was my first time taking the yak out in the saltwater.   I put in at Owls Creek in Va. Beach, and was going to go fish right where the ocean comes into the inlet.  I made it halfway there when I realized that I left my 'Word of the Month' paper back in my other crate in the car.  The 'word of the month is the piece of paper that you guys see in my pictures with fish sometimes.  It is for the fishing club that I am in called Pirates of Lynnhaven.  The piece of paper is for the Angler of the Year Tournament that I am participating in.

Anyway, so I get back to the ramp and get the paper then am on my way again. While out at the mouth of the inlet I catch three of these little guys.
I stay out there for about an hour and a half then I decide to go back in the inlet.  It is now that I have realized that I have bought the yak for the wrong reason.  All along I was wanting a kayak to go fishing.  But it is not about the fishing at all.  I got to see so much wildlife today it was insane.  Things I never got to see up close as a shore fisherman.

I had just as much fun paddling around seeing how close I could get to birds, that I wasn't thinking about fishing.  heheh.  The only thing that sucks is the nice fingerprint on the lens. And how white the pictures got.
That is all for now.  I won't be able to get out tomorrow but hopefully friday I have another post. 

Jarred

No comments:

Post a Comment